Men Weight Loss Success Story: I Shed 137 Pounds With A Healthy Diet And Exercise
The title is advice that our this week’s featured member, Djredrum714 would like to share with you. He has lost over 137 pounds by ditching the fad diets, logging his foods and incorporating daily exercise.
1. What prompted you to begin this weight loss journey? Did you have an “Aha!” moment? When I was in the barber shop I saw a friend from high school and he made a comment that I was almost as big as a rapper who died from obesity (Big Pun). As everyone laughed, I looked in the mirror and really saw how big I was and vowed to myself to never be that big again.
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past? All the fat burning pills, including the ones with ephedra. I tried the Akins diet and cayenne lemon but couldn’t keep them up.
3. Please describe how you reached your weight loss goal. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? Did you implement any other strategies besides Calorie Count? What was the most important change? I first started to count calories by getting all the nutritional facts from each place I ate. Whether it was fast food or dining out. At first I kept a manual log, then I found the App on my iPod and it aided me. I used to eat out fast food everyday and went to eating Lean Cuisine’s and Healthy Choice meals. I only cheated one day a week on the weekend. The most important change for me was to reduce my intake.
4. Please describe how Calorie Count was instrumental to your weight loss. Counting calories is the only way I have seen results along with exercise.
5. What difficulties did you experience losing weight? There were plateaus that seemed to never go away. As well as the cost of eating healthier was more expensive. I never seemed to have enough energy until I began sweating.
6. How long did it take you to see results? When did you realize that you were a success? I began to see results in my first month I lost 20 lbs. The first time I realized I was really close to my goal was when someone said I needed a new uniform because the one I was wearing was way too big. I went from a XXL to a large. My total time for losing 137lbs was 16 months.
7. How do you prevent relapse? I continue to follow my diet and exercise 6 days a week.
8. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight? Before I never realized all the opportunities I missed just by being overweight. As I lost weight I noticed I was getting discriminated against before when I was big, due to the way people treated me. I help people understand how to lose weight and motivate them to do it. I study nutrition and try and only speak on experience and facts.
9. How long have you maintained your current weight? About eight months and sometimes I might go up a few pounds, and then come back to my lowest weight.
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
Only you can decide how bad YOU want results.Cheating doesn’t mean you’re a failure, it means you’re human.Constantly change your diet or it will be hard to follow for the long haul.Exercise is the brother to your diet.Everyone is different, except when it comes to energy aka calories, so know your limit changes as you lose.
Counting calories is the only way I have seen results along with exercise. Read my weight loss success story and see my before and after weight loss pictures! Build muscle and lose belly fat with healthy male weight loss transformation pics for inspiration. Hundreds of success stories, articles and photos of weight loss diet plans for men, tips for how to lose weight for men.