Men Weight Loss Success Story: Nathan’s 103 Pound Body Transformation
Nathan started his transformation because he was sick and tired of being fat. Learn how he lost more than 100 lbs over a 1 ½-year period: includes sample workout, meal plan, and more!
Name: Nathan Reinbold
Weight: 300 lbs
Body Fat: Over 30%
Weight: 197 lbs
Body Fat: 4.5%
My transformation took me about a year and a half to step on stage for my first bodybuilding contest. I placed third in my weight class.
Why I Got Started
I got started because I was sick and tired of being fat. My whole life I have been a big kid, never skinny. I wanted this so bad for myself and for my son who was not born at the time; I didn’t want him to grow up with a fat dad. So I decided to get in to shape instead of being a shape. I just wanted that self gratitude and accomplishment from being in a show.
How I Did It
I started in Feb. of ’06 my training and dieting began. I went to a local show in July of ’06 and that put some fire back in me. I decided to compete in a natural show in June of ’07. I was still dieting and going to the gym 5 days a week, cardio was 4 to 5 times at 30 min at the most.
I hired a nutritionist in Dec. of ’06 – I was at 239 lbs at 10% bf and that is when the fun began. I was eating 5 meals a day. My training was pretty intense all my training was heavy and intense.
* EAS Whey Protein
* Fish And Flax Oil
* Universal Liver Pills
A Sample Week Diet
* Meal 1: consisted of egg whites with 1/2 of grapefruit in the morning.
* Meal 2: 4 scoops of EAS protein, 1 apple, and 1 tablespoon of flax.
* Meal 3: 12 ounces of lean beef usually 90/10, 1 cup of green veggies.
* Meal 4: repeat meal 2.
* Meal 5: 12 ounces of chicken, 1 cup of green veggies or 1 cup 1/2 of salad.
Every third day I would carb up meals 1,3,5. I would go as follows:
* Meal 1: 3/4 cup of oatmeal along with 12 egg whites
* Meal 3: 12 ounces of chicken, 3/4 cup of brown rice, 1/2 cup of green veggies
* Meal 5: 12 ounces of white fish, 6 ounce sweet potato, and 1/2 cup of green veggies
That was pretty much up ’till contest.
Sample Week Of Training
-> Monday: Chest:
* Incline barbell: 5 sets at 6-8 reps
* Dumbbell incline press: 5 sets at 10 reps
* Some kind of isolation for 5 sets at 12 reps
-> Tuesday: Legs:
* Squat: 5 sets at 6-8 reps
* Dumbbell straight leg deadlifts: 5 sets at 10
* Supersets of leg extension and leg curls
-> Wednesday: Shoulders:
* Barbell press: 5 sets at 6-8 reps
* Dumbbell shoulder press: 5 sets at 10 reps
* Dumbbell laterals or cable lateral: 5 sets of 12 reps
-> Thursday: Back:
* Wide grip chins: 5 sets of 8-10 reps
* Deadlifts: 5 sets of 6 reps
* Dumbbell rows: 5 sets of 10 reps
* Finished off with pull downs 5 sets of 12 reps
-> Friday: Arms:
Barbell curls: 5 sets at 8-10 reps
Incline dumbbell curls: 5 sets at 10 reps
Finished with isolation move for 5 sets of 12 reps
Close grip or weighted dips: 5 sets at 6-8 reps
Dumbbell extension: 5 sets at 10 reps
Triceps press down
Suggestions For Others
My suggestion to others is don’t let negative people bring you down. I had some family members tell me I couldn’t do it… guess what I did? I may have not been the best up on stage but I was still up there giving it my all and did that in the gym as well – gave it my all every day.
Some words to live by and laugh about: be in shape, not a shape. Bodybuilding is a lifestyle and a way of life. I love it! Thank you for reading my story.
may have not been the best up on stage but I was still up there giving it my all and did that in the gym as well – gave it my all every day. Read my weight loss success story and see my before and after weight loss pictures! Build muscle and lose belly fat with healthy male weight loss transformation pics for inspiration. Hundreds of success stories, articles and photos of weight loss diet plans for men, tips for how to lose weight for men.