Weight Loss Success Stories: Krissy Lost 35 Pounds And Got Healthy
Krissytheteacher has lost 35 pounds since January. She used to weigh almost 190 pounds and now weighs 155. She credits her success by becoming “proud and more confident” of her body and stays motivated by reflecting back on her “overweight” pictures.
1. What made you decide to lose weight this time? Did you have an “Aha!” moment? My Aha! moment was over Christmas, while dressing for a funeral. A favorite dress of mine just would not do up. After getting married 3 years ago, I realized I had totally let myself go – no exercise and poor food and portion choices had caught up with me!
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past? None. I just kept eating. I thought I looked fine, even though the “I just want you to be healthy” comments were starting to come from friends and family.
3. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? The changes I made included things like eating more vegetables, purchasing an elliptical so I could exercise every day, eating smaller portions, and drinking more water. And of course, keeping track of what I ate religiously using Calorie Count. I think the most important change was just my dedication to losing weight and being more fit.
4. How did Calorie Count help you to lose weight? At first, I couldn’t believe how much I was eating, calorie-wise! Calorie Count helped me to see what was good, what wasn’t, what I was eating too much of, etc. The nutritional analysis was so helpful – I was eating too many carbs (a sin most of us are guilty of!) and had to limit certain foods. Without Calorie Count, I wouldn’t have been nearly as educated.
5. What was most challenging about losing weight? Getting up every morning at 5am to exercise. I was not a morning person, so this was the hardest change for me. It was also the best, though, as working out in the morning kept me motivated all day long – I would think, “I didn’t get up at 5am just to eat a doughnut and cancel it out!”.
6. How long did it take you to see results I started dropping weight immediately, but after about a month other people started to notice, which was awesome.
7. When did you realize that you were a success? Once other people started noticing and complimenting me, I felt more successful. The best part of my success, though, was not from other people – it was me starting to be proud of my body and the feeling of confidence that came with it. I started wearing a size 12, which was a Big Moment, and that was the moment I realized I was successful and that I never wanted to gain that weight back again.
8. How do you prevent relapse? Look at pictures of yourself when you were heavier! That motivated me to go for a walk or have another workout. Also, when I feel myself getting off track, I start using Calorie Count again – for me, I don’t want to use Calorie Count every day for the rest of my life, but it’s a great tool to readjust yourself when you start falling back into those old habits.
9. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight? I don’t feel like my energy level has changed, but everything is just… easier. Lifting boxes, carrying things, and endurance – it all just got easier for me. Also, I sleep better at night!
10. What five tips do you have for other dieters?
If you are reading this, you’ve already made a great first step. Keep it up.Find a vegetable you can’t get enough of. For me, it was cucumber.
They are like little fresh-tasting crackers! You can put anything on
those!Drink water. Buy a cute water bottle and carry it around with you.
At first, it seems so boring, but you get used to it and then you
start to love water. It’s my favorite drink now!Get some cute workout clothes. They don’t have to be expensive – I
got my whole outfit for less the $15 at a discount superstore. But new
clothes are a motivating factor for me – you want to wear them, and
you only wear them to work out!Reward yourself in a good way. My husband and I would go for walks
and get popsicles when I’d had an especially good week, or rent a
movie of my choosing. I tried to stay away from food rewards – that’s
what got me into this pickle in the first place.Source: http://caloriecount.about.com/losing-35-pounds-since-january-b440138#ixzz2tZNUHBbZPost Views:1,369Related
I started dropping weight immediately, but after about a month other people started to notice, which was awesome. See my before and after weight loss pictures, and read amazing weight loss success stories from real women and their best weight loss diet plans and programs. Motivation to lose weight with walking and inspiration from before and after weightloss pics and photos.